For those who’ve dreamed of spending summer nights enveloped by radiant flowers, illuminated under the silver gleam of moonlight, creating a moon garden might be just the endeavor you’ve been seeking. Moon gardens are magical spaces filled with plants that bloom during the night or display foliage or flowers that twinkle under the moon’s glow. They fashion a peaceful retreat and bring an entirely new level to your evening outdoor experiences.
16 Acres Garden Center, recognized for its exceptional variety of plants, offers numerous choices to aid you in creating your own moon garden. And here’s the best part – we still have a fantastic selection available for your summer project!
Step 1: Designing Your Moon Garden
Select a spot in your yard that is easily accessible and within view of your preferred evening lounging area. The chosen location should receive ample moonlight and, if possible, offer some protection from wind. The dimensions of your moon garden can be adapted according to your available space and personal preference.
Step 2: Selecting Your Plants
The primary goal when creating a moon garden is to choose plants with white or light-hued blooms that will reflect the moonlight. Silver or gray foliage can also create a dazzling effect. Here are a few options you can find at 16 Acres Garden Center:
- Moonflower (Ipomoea alba): True to its name, this plant unfurls its grand, white blossoms at dusk and keeps them open all night long.
- Night-Blooming Jasmine (Cestrum nocturnum): This plant offers an enchanting, sweet fragrance when it blooms at night.
- Dusty Miller (Centaurea cineraria): Its silvery-gray leaves beautifully catch and reflect the moonlight.
- Evening Primrose (Oenothera): Showcasing vibrant yellow or white flowers, this plant’s blooms open late in the day.
- Night Phlox (Zaluzianskya ovata): Also known as “Midnight Candy,” its fragrant flowers bloom in the evening.
- White Coral Bells (Heuchera sanguinea ‘Alba’): This perennial plant produces dainty white flowers and light-hued leaves.
Step 3: Incorporating Features
Besides plants, consider incorporating other elements to elevate your moon garden’s allure. Reflective water features such as a small fountain or pond create a shimmering focal point in the moonlight. Decorative features like white or light-colored statues, stones, or gazing balls can further amplify the garden’s luminescence.
Step 4: Care and Upkeep
Take care of your moon garden just as you would any other garden – water and fertilize regularly, trim back overgrown plants, and replace any plants as required. Always remember, 16 Acres Garden Center is available to assist you with sourcing replacement plants or providing you with the best care tips.
Step 5: Basking in Your Moon Garden
Finally, it’s time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. On a warm summer night, step into your moon garden. Notice how the moonlight brings out the radiance of the white blossoms, making them appear as if they’re glowing from within. Inhale the intoxicating scents that these nocturnal flowers emit. Tune in to the evening chorus of crickets and nocturnal birds. It’s an experience like no other, and one you can enjoy all summer long.
Constructing a moon garden is a remarkable way to relish the allure of summer nights, right in your own backyard. And with 16 Acres Garden Center’s assistance, it’s a feasible and joyful endeavor. So, why not commence your journey today and be ready to savor the splendor of your moon garden on many more moonlit nights.